Defeat mediocrity in your life
Most of us want to be productive. Everyone wants to achieve great things in their lives. So many people strive to achieve their goals and it’s not always easy. In all you do, you are required to give your one hundred percent effort. Even in giving your best in everything you do, you will find that you will be tempted with mediocrity:
To be mediocre means that very little effort is put to complete a task. It is just finishing the work; it is not doing it your best. It is why people struggle to fulfill their dreams however there are ways to defeat mediocrity in your life but you need to spot it first, here are some ways to tell if are being mediocre:
- You can’t stand what you are doing, so you do as little as you can.
- You waste time on projects that could be done in half the time.
- You settle in your romantic relationships for whoever comes your way.
- You are glued to the TV, internet, or other time wasters.
- You never try to create something new.
- You are unable to save money.
- You agree with the majority in a situation without ever thinking about what you actually think.
- You do very little of everything but never become excellent at any specific tasks.
- You never question those who are over you in authority.
- You do not take time to travel around on vacation.
These are just a few ways in which you can spot mediocrity in yourself. The reason mediocrity comes in our lives is that most of us are afraid to change. Don’t be afraid to try something new, don’t be afraid to fail every once in a while. Fear is a major reason why people live mediocre lives. They treat change like equine liability insurance, like it is something they don’t need.
When you come to a point in your life where you realize that your life isn’t about pleasing others then you can beat mediocrity. You have to come to the understanding that the people around you are not holding you back, you are holding yourself back. Live your life for your dreams, for your goals, for your desires and you will watch mediocrity flee.
It is all up to you, if you make the decision to leave mediocrity then fight against what was mentioned and take hold of your life.
Comments are closed!